Here are some tips to help stop a thief:
2. Never leave any containers, packages, bags, etc. in plain view in your car. Secure your automatic damage door opener.
3. Park your car in a well-lit area with high pedestrian activity.
4. Do not be seen using your interior trunk release button. Place all valuables in your trunk before reaching your destination.
5. Always lock your doors and keep your windows up while pumping gas. Many items have been stolen by persons walking by, reaching into the car, and then running away, all while people pump gas.
6. Do not leave a running car unattended.
Always be aware of your surroundings.