Before the Hurricane:
- Know how and when to turn off the gas, water and electricity.
- Trim back any dead or weak branches from trees.
- Secure loose items in the yard that may become missiles in high winds.
- Check into flood insurance. Find out about the National Flood Insurance Program through your local insurance agent.
- Buy a tarp to cover any potential roof damage.
- Store valuables and personal papers in a waterproof container.
- Take pictures of valuables now and store the photos with your other valuable papers.
After the Hurricane:
- If the community were to lose power, look for communications to be posted in the common areas.
- The rule of thumb is when the power is off, the pools are closed.
- If debris begins to block storm drains, please help by removing the items so that water does not back up. If you are unable, please call your Community Association Manager to advise us of the blocked drain.
- Turn your refrigerator / freezer to its coldest setting. Open only when absolutely necessary, and close quickly.