Can you believe that it’s Fourth of July weekend already? Many people will be getting together to enjoy celebrations and valuable time with friends and family over the long weekend. There will be much fun to be had in communities and towns all over the country. We hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday and also a safe one. Below are some safety tips to keep in mind to make sure your holiday is fun and without any incidents.
- It is best to view fireworks at a public event
since these shows are managed by professionals.
- If you do decide to have fireworks at home, make sure they are never given to children, that there is water nearby, that fireworks are never pointed towards any person or animal, and that you never try to relight a dud firework.
- Barbecue grills should always be supervised while in use.
- Never grill indoors.
- Use tools with long handles that are specially made for the grill.
- If you are heading to the beach or pool, make sure you check weather conditions.
- Do not swim while under the influence of alcohol and do not swim alone.
- Ensure that children do not dive headfirst into shallow water or water of unknown depth.
- Beware of rip currents if visiting the ocean.
- Wear sunscreen when outdoors to protect your skin.
- Stay hydrated and be sure to drink water even if you don’t feel thirsty at the time.
- Pets can become frightened with the sounds of fireworks. Make sure your pets are safe and secure inside.
We hope that these tips help ensure that everyone has a safe and happy holiday. We wish you lots of fun and time with loved ones!