It’s that time of year again. The weather is warming, dreams of summer vacation are on your mind, and kids are excited about getting out of school. While thinking about these wonderful things, it is important to remember another occasion – Mother’s Day!
While you likely appreciate your mom every day, this is a great time to take a moment and do something special with her to show her your appreciation and gratitude for all she has done for you. Here are some fun ideas on how to spend Mother’s Day with your best friend since birth.
- Get packing! Mother’s Day is a great time to plan a weekend trip. Check out some travel sites and pick a destination neither of you have ever been to before to experience together.
- Find something new. Does your mom like to shop ’til she drops? Hit local thrift stores to see if you can find that hidden gem you never knew you needed or head to outlet malls to take advantage of some discounts.
- Brunch it up. Visit a restaurant you have both been wanting to try. Be sure to do a quick Google search for Mother’s Day specials; many places have these.
- Get some fresh air. Is Mom a nature lover? Visit a local park or go camping together. You are guaranteed to get some good quality time.
- Game on! Is your family competitive? Get all of the siblings together with mom to have a game day. Just be sure to make sure Mom wins a few games on her special day!
- Pamper yourselves. Treat your mum to a pedicure, massage, or facial. This is a great chance for you both to relax together and not have any worries on your mind.
- Get a hobby. Does your mom like to garden? Maybe she enjoys visiting local museums. Spend the day doing some of her favorite hobbies with her. You might discover a new hobby for yourself!
Whatever you end up doing for Mother’s Day Weekend, hopefully it will be filled with great memories and happy times. Let us know what you did for Mother’s Day at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to hear from you!